Tuesday, August 14, 2007

First!

I've decided to start a poker blog log, after much procrastination. Reasons being:

1) I want to be more accountable for my results, and posting them and reading them will hopefully motivate me to put in more hours and hands. Good poker players are always accountable for their actions, taking responsibility for their wins, losses, mistakes. By tracking my progress in this log, I hope to improve and take my game to the next level.

2) Share with the small online poker community in SG with a good progress chart. Given that school semester has started, I won't be having that much time to post and play. Thus, I'll try my best to give a weekly update and posts some interesting hands.

3) I'd like to have a clearer picture of how viable this semi-part-time job is for a full-time student. Nonetheless, poker remains my lowest priority unless time permits.


Summary of my poker history:
- deposited about USD 250 during July 06, started bonuswhoring to build a bankroll at microstakes.
-now with bankroll of USD 8.5K, 7-8 multitabling 100nl at fulltilt poker.

Biggest accomplishment:
-won an online tournament, taking in USD 6K for first place.
- cashed entire 6k winnings out.
- found myself a decent home-based part time job :)


Current goals:

- Attempt to clock in 20k hands in a month during sch term. Assuming 30 days in a month, I'll have to clock ~666 hands per day, which at the rate I'm multitabling, should take about 1.5 hrs of gameplay each day. Saturdays and Sundays will make up for more time should I miss my weekday sessions.

- Hope to maintain a winrate of 3.0 PTBB/100 at 100nl.

- Make decent pocket change to cover my expenses and some more for savings and investments.


Hope this poker log will be a great motivator for me.

No comments: