Thursday, March 6, 2008

Weekend Report - Taking a Break

Stats from desktop:




13.18 hrs played
$24.81/hr

+$150 PSO Bonus
+$37.02 Rakeback

Profit from desktop: $509.1

I think i logged another about 2k hands on my laptop with a profit of close to $500 plus rakeback, will give a concise update when I get back to hostel. Month has been great so far, and more so when I ran PokerEV. My resutls are -$200+ under expectation, so I'm playing well but still running bad in spots. Anyway hitting 1k profit mainly from grinding 50nl in the first week, in less than 10k hands is a great result for me.

I'm gonna take a good break from poker. I did think alot about poker for the past week or so, and this is one thought that came to me:

I believe everyone's has a fixed level of talent or ability. Some are just talented in poker while others are not. I don't think I'm that talented at all, just better in understanding and putting in alot of "thinking" hours into the game, working hard to learn. I can't control my level of skills (there may be a CAP of my talent scale), however what I can do is to control my other aspects of the game: tilt/bankroll management, table/seat selection, playing at donk hours, staying away from regulars (even if I do have an edge aganist them), maintaining my desire to play poker, feeling comfortable and wanting to play when I actually play etc etc. The mental aspect of poker is what my mind can control, and I believe striving to be good in these aspects will help to improve your winrate and your mental game.

Now I feel pretty tired and a little burnt out from playing, going to ease off the pedal, and then restart to clear another 200 bonus from FTP. Time to prioritize and put what matters more first.

No comments: