Thursday, September 6, 2007

This month ain't pretty





PT stats:
3468 hands
Won: -$964.50
-7.5 PTBB/100
5.95 hrs played
-$162.10/hr

Rakeback: $74.14

Net won from Wingows Poker: $297

Total profit: -$539.36


Well apparently its a horrid start to the new month. Dropped a near 8 full buyins at 100nl, couple of stacks due to coolers and bleeding alot of chips due to bad play in general. Lost 2 buyins at 200nl 4 tabling, getting some nasty beats. Near the end I decided to step back down to 50nl for a few thousand hands to play solid ABC poker again to get my frame of mind right.

Well a near 1k downswing due to coolers and the followup badplay/tilt is not new to me. Its hard to play good solid poker after stretches of nasty beats. I just watched a video posted on 2+2 and one thing the instructor said was to "really enjoy playing poker". I was not really enjoying it when I'm pounded left right center in everypot, big draws not hitting, villian rivering and etc. Guess variance is catching up from me after running so well in the last month.

Well one thing I can take solace from is that I always recover from such swings, and then play much better after that. A few k hands at 50nl should set things right. The last ~600 hands in the graph is at 50nl and it's pleasing to see the graph sloping up, despite playing at the same stats across 100nl. Well, I'm gonna grind my way back into the black because I know I can do it.

Another great thing is that I've completed a short PSO promotion at Wingows poker and earned myself a 1 full year of Stoxpoker membership. There are many great instructional videos in there and I'm gonna take some time to study them. Deposited $300 and made $297 in less than 500 hands (less than a day's play) mostly due to the soft competition.

Well thats it, till next week.

No comments: