Tuesday, April 29, 2008

End April Summary






29.48 hrs played
$64.50/hr

+$100 bonus noiq
+$130 Cashback noiq
+$134 rakeback FT

Total profit = $2265.8

Savvy results this month, despite being a heavy one due to exams and stuff. Last paper to go and I'll be off to a holiday! Anyway I'm happy with the win and hourly rate at the stakes I'm playing. Dabbled abit in some HU games, which I feel is highly EV simply because there are too many smallstakes players with plenty of exploitable tendencies. And of course, once you know their exploitable tendencies, it will just be a matter of logging hands and draining their money away.

Lately I've been comparing the levels of play across different sites, it seems to me that in FT, the preflop game is more aggresive compared to NOIQ or Stars, and the postflop game is pretty straightforward. One of the things that have went well for me this month is my preflop play. I can make do with a tighter 3betting range and a wider 4betting range since in FT, the regulars are doing it the other way around, having a wide 3betting range and a narrow 4 betting range. I think I have made alot more 4betting decisions with hands that I can't really call a 3bet with. Therefore its somewhat very polarised and and so far it has worked out to my advantage.

Again some intangible principles always work well and it reflects on result. Table selection, giving decent regulars respect, exploiting bad regulars obviously, and playing in good times. Have recently picked up Elements of Poker from Tommy Angelo, and the intangible aspects he spoke of that affects your poker game is so much more than what I've imagined. In terms of having a strong mental game, Tommy Angelo is certainly up there. I pride myself strongly on my mental game, but after reading this book, there is certainly so much more to learn and refine. Strongly recommend this book to any poker players. (I hardly recommend any books unless they are real good, since I'm a born critique and skeptic)

No comments: