Saturday, April 19, 2008




Table games:
19.27 hours played
$50.55/hr

+$90 bonus noiq
+$130 Cashback noiq (30%...prettygood deal)
+$33 rakeback FT

Total profit = $1226.90


The month would have gone awesomely well if not for the short downswing. Interestingly, I'm up about 500 bucks in luck equity this month, I hope this +correction is for all the badluck in my long-gone database last year. If not, I sense an impending doom coming soon!

Been thinking about the game abit and analysing the games at Noiq. There are players over there who multitable like robots, marginal winning or even slight losers. The way they earn is via rakeback/cashback and all the rakeraces. I'm pretty sure they are making more than me in terms of actual money but the difference is that they have to put in insane amounts of volume. So I think the question is would you choose to play a kind of robotic senseless poker (Yes there is really robotic senseless poker that you don't really think about betting lines, reading hands and all that) or to play real good poker, both making the same amounts of money.

I think one of my bigger leaks so far is the amount of volume and hours I put into the game. I probably spend more time watching instructional videos than putting the actual playing time into it. Averaging 20k hands a month is already quite an achievement right now, but that number is mediocre by my standards. In the holidays, I'll probably set a higher goal in terms of logging hands. I am pretty sure I'll be able to log in a big month if i simply continue to put in the volume.

Exams are coming and once they are over, things should get interesting. I'll be developing my coaching programme, write some sort of a poker book. And also move up to 200nl permanently as I'm switching between 100nl and 200nl a little this month. The quality of play isn't much difference if you table select decently. Just that sometimes after my session I would think "Wow I just played with more than 1k US on the tables." And yet in poker you can't really think of the money in absolute values, but rather in betting units 1bb 10bb etc etc. Well, for now lets clear the exams first!

2 comments:

Jian Ming said...

Hi leslie, was wondering if i could pay to have private ssnl coaching from you? My email is zzmilenkozz@hotmail.com. Hope we can work something out thanks.

Leslie said...

Hi, have added you to msn. We can discuss on msn, thanks