Friday, February 8, 2008

Sustainable?




Other than the money won, I'm more than happy with my stats, having higher Won when saw flop which means I'm picking up pots more than I deserve. As well as my att to steal, which indicates my opening up of my play. Not to mention, I'm running really good aganist the fishes, my sets and weaker made hands holding up. Year of the rat has been nice to me so far.

I guess one of the outcomes of my coaching lessons was to reinforce the things that I've been doing right, giving me more confidence to make plays that are +EV. I'm also spotting good +EV spots better (like squeezing and 3betting) and am doing it at better spots compared to previously, when I'm just spewing around. Reinforcing my confidence reflects on results. Poker is very much a confidence game and you will realise you'd do better when you are feeling good about your game, and vice versa.

No comments: