Monday, June 30, 2008

June Summary




$168/hr

+ $289.35 FT rakeback
+ $79.10 NOIQ cashback

Total Profit = $3125.32


Have barely played the minimum required to get an ironman level this month...So a $100 mid year bonus is waiting for me to clear.. Guess it will be cleared in no time in FT at 200nl.

On a whole, I think i ran okay this month, about even in sklansky bucks. So pokergods have already repaid me in whatever they have owed. Certainly finding myself in good spots aganist fishes as well as the regulars. Managed to do a checkraise shove allin on the river with the 2nd nuts and got paid off by a regular with top pair(who surprisingly must have given me too much credit for attempting a checkraise bluff. Thats how bad my image on the table is)

Certainly a good month in terms of profits but not so in terms of volume. Work really saps you out and the timings left to play aren't really that conducive. Had to make do with weekends and such.

Coaching as been going well too. Am glad that one of my students really took to the knowledge imparted and gained some newer perspective towards poker. There are a few budding newer players who definitely have the character and attributes to make it in online poker. Some of them have so much drive and passion that it somehow made me ashamed of my volume. Given today's availability of free resources, it is almost a cardinal sin to not make use of them for newer players. As always, my advice to them is to take it slowly, and study more, play more. It took me close to a year before something clicked and poker never looked the same again. Keep working hard and find your own eureka moment..it is always there for you to search.

No comments: