Saturday, December 29, 2007

December updates



PT stats: (for new database)
22128 hands
Won: $1591.20
3.96 PTBB/100
53.92 hrs played
$29.68/hr

Rakeback: $358.06

Profit since 1st nov on old database: $350

Total profit: $ 2299.26


Poker has been going well for me at 100nl. Just like previous posts, I feel I'm playing real solid and always putting my money in when I'm ahead. I'm running at 8 PTBB/100 for past 9k hands of 100nl, small sample no doubt, but encouraging.

Of late, I have not been really motivated to play more poker. Probably just feeling the drain of playing. I remembered posting about playing poker only when I feel the desire to. Right now, theres almost zero desire, which is weird because I loved to play poker when I'm playing well and winning. And right now, I'm doing that, but can't seem to put in the hours and hands to do so. I guess I gonna take a few days break, play some MTTs with Chris, and some other weird forms of poker like 5 card draw just to take away the boringness of grinding NL holdem.

I've also started creating instructional videos, as a means to improve myself as well as helping out starting players at pkaki forums. I hope these videos serves as a good means for discussion, rather than one that is seen and be forgotten. I still think I've lots to improve, in terms of taking different lines with different hands, taking creative lines, making good plays. After reading jman's well in 2+2 especially on his root beer hand, I realise there is still so much for me to learn and pickup. It is quite a humbling experience and its so-called a one-off post in 2+2 that kinda affected me in a huge way. I'm beginning to increase the study hours of my game compared to playing, and I'm seeing the good results of it. I hope the coaching from Greg will elevate my knowledge of poker to a higher level, or at least, solidly build by fundamentals of the game.

Will be posting a year end review of 2007 someone soon, meanwhile, goodluck at the tables as well as for the new year!

No comments: